Pumpkin Cream Buttermilk Syrup Mix
You'll love this pumpkin pancake syrup! It's fantastic on pancakes and just as good on dessert! It works on everything from angel food cake to gingerbread to ice cream to French toast. It has a rich smooth flavor laced with tones of butterscotch and caramel. It truly is incredible.
Shelf life: 24 months.
Refrigerate any unused syrup and use within two months.
How to Make Buttermilk Pudding with a Buttermilk Syrup Mix
- 1 buttermilk syrup mix to make three cups syrup
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- Empty the mix into a medium bowl. Stir the cornstarch into the mix.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the milk and cream.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cream mixture and the mix. Stir.
- Place the pan back on the heat and cook until boiling, stirring with a whisk. Remove from the heat and continue stirring until the bubbles subside.
- Scrape the pudding into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap pressed down onto the surface of the pudding so that it does not form a crust and refrigerate.
Syrup mix ingredients: Sugar, dry buttermilk, corn syrup, baking soda, and natural and artificial flavors.