Spiced Pear Gourmet Cake Mix
This is the cake to make if your in-laws are coming. It's so impressive.
- "Excellent. . . superb, fabulous!" <
- You'll love the flavor combination--premier pears with candied ginger.
- Loaded with pears and flavorful candied ginger pieces
- So different and delicious." A treat for your taste buds.
- An extra large mix of nearly two pounds--29.1 ounces.
- Makes a 9 x 13-inch sheet cake or a 9-inch two-layer cake.
- Makes delightful cupcakes
The pears give it a fruity sweetness unlike anything else. The candied ginger gives the cake spark and character.
This is the cake to make if your in-laws are coming. It's so impressive, so good. This is different and delicious! It's built to impress. It's loaded with pears and tiny ginger pieces. And oh my, it's fabulous!
They'll never taste a cake like this again. You didn't think a cake could taste this good. Well, what a nice surprise for your friends or family! Don't tell them this is a mix.
The response is always overwhelming! This cake will outshine any cake you serve! We guarantee it.
From the reviews.
Suggestions for entertaining:
If I had a party next week, there is no question--this is what I'd serve. If it were a formal party, I would make a layer cake with ginger buttercream frosting. If it were an informal affair, I would make it in a sheet cake and top it with light cream cheese frosting. If I were short on time, I would serve it with dollops of whipped cream. (See the whipped cream covered cake below and this article for cream cheese frosting and suggestions.)
The pear and ginger pieces soften in baking. You'll find the crumb to be soft and moist, a little lighter than most carrot cakes. The pears give so much natural sweetness that you can enjoy this cake without any frosting.
See what a customer with a big party had to report.
"I've made this pear cake twice, and both times the response was overwhelming . . . WE LOVE THIS CAKE!
Give it a try. If you are not absolutely delighted, we'll give you your money back.
More Serving Suggestions:
- Spiced Pear Cake Covered with Caramel Whipped Cream (Recipe below)
- We recommend a light cream cheese frosting for this cake, often adding a touch of optional ground ginger to meld with the cake. See the recipe for Light Cream Cheese Frosting here along with cake and frosting suggestions.
- See how to make an innovative layer cake with with a 9 x13-inch baking pan. The image and instructions are below.
- See the candied ginger pieces and pear pieces used in this cake.
This cake was baked in a large round pan, cooled and dusted with powdered sugar.
To make the caramel whipped cream, use two cups heavy whipping cream. Add 1/3 cup brown sugar, two teaspoons of caramel flavor, three tablespoons meringue powder. Whip until stiff peaks form. The meringue powder will retard melting, for several hours.
This cake was baked in a 9 x13-inch baking pan. The edges are trimmed and then the cake is cut into two or three equal pieces with horizontal cuts. With two or three equal pieces, the cake can be stacked and frosted just like a traditional round layered cake. Frosting is used between the layers.
To get the frosting recipe and more information, see "A Light Cream Cheese Frosting and It's Applications."
Excellent, superb products ! Always fabulous
This cake is very yummy and definitely great tasting for a special occasion treat!!!
Spiced Pear Gourmet Cake Mix
the package of pears were hard and didn’t even taste as pears. Next time I will soak them or something very disappointed
All of the products are super yummy and easy to use. You make ordering easy as well.