Caramel is the new vanilla--a wonderful change at a fraction of the cost.
Vanilla is the canvas upon which the baker creates his or her art. Caramel makes another excellent canvas. It's warmer and richer than vanilla and absolutely delightful.
As of this writing, it is way less expensive than bourbon vanilla. ("Bourbon" by the way refers to an island, not a liquor.)
- Use it in place of vanilla in any recipe.
- Commercial strength natural and artificial flavor--more concentrated therefore more economical that "store" flavors.
- A flavor that is typical of caramel candy--warm and rich. It is more pronounced than vanilla.
- Compliments recipes with fruit wonderfully--apples, peaches, and berries.
- Delightful with chocolate and nuts.
- Produced by a US company with over 100 years experience in flavors.
- Comes in a dark glass bottle to protect the delicate flavors from light.
This rich caramel flavor is magnificent in everything from frosting to cookies to shakes. We use caramel more than we use vanilla extract. It just tastes better. Once you've used caramel, you'll be hooked forever!
Marsden and Bathe flavors are generally used in bakeries and fine restaurants by pastry chefs and are not generally available to consumers.
See if they are not better than grocery store flavors. They're 100% guaranteed! If you are not delighted, we'll give you your money back.
Here's how to make caramel whipped cream
Simply substitute caramel flavor for vanilla and brown sugar for white.
For a super treat, add chopped salted snacking nuts to your caramel whipped cream.
- Half-and-half has a minimum of 12% fat.
- Light cream has a minimum of 20% fat
- Whipping cream has a minimum of 30% fat.
- Heavy cream contains 36% fat
You can find cream with more fat than 36%. Try DarigoldÕs Extra Heavy Whipping Cream with 40% fat from SamÕs Club. The extra fat makes a quite a difference in how easy it whips and how long it holds without melting.
Use meringue powder. Add meringue powder to your whipping cream to keep it from melting (and to your frostings to make them stiffer and and less likely to mar).
Learn more about and shop for meringue powder.
Discover whipped cream frostings
Caramel frostings are delightful and simple to make. Try them in place of buttercream frostings. Not only do they taste wonderful but because of the whipped cream rather butter base, they are lighter and less caloric.
Other recipes that use vanilla:
: Natural Brown Sugar Flavor, Water, Alcohol, Salt, High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, and Citric Acid. This product is packaged in a facility where baking mixes are produced and may contain traces of soy, dairy, wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, or eggs.