Life's too short to not explore the wonderful world of breads!
With over 100 varieties, we sell thousands of bread mixes every week. Buy with confidence from the bread experts. If you have a question, we'll help you.
- Makes a large loaf--nearly two pounds--of homemade heritage bread
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines--or in the oven.
- Makes a perfect crunchy toast or chewy bread for soup or sandwiches
- Guaranteed success! Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your breads will work.
What People Are Saying
"This bread is "Oh My God" GOOD!!!!!!!!!! We have ordered a lot of mix's since we bought our bread machine and this one is by far the best mix ever! We just ordered another 5 packs. You have to try this mix and if you don't love it you don't like bread!!!"
— Duane Heda
"I think this is my all around favorite bread. The texture is divine and the hint of buttermilk just works. Thank you for a great product."
"I bought six bags of this bread mix. It is the best mix that I have ever purchased. I purchased it so that I wouldn't have to run to the store when I ran out of bread and decided to dig out my bread machine and make bread when I needed it. This is easy, and is absolutely delicious! I have made grilled cheese sandwiches for my grandchildren with this bread and they love it, often requesting a separate slice with butter after they finish their sandwich. I will be purchasing this again and again."
Make it with a Mix: Apple Pie French Toast
The Apple Pie French Toast above is stuffed with apple filling and topped with whipped cream.
- Take two slices of bread and make sandwich with apple filling in the center.
- Dip the sandwich in egg wash just as you would with regular French toast.
- To make the caramel whipped cream, add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of vanilla to one cup of heavy whipping cream along with two tablespoons brown sugar and whip until stiff.
Make it with a Mix: Cherry Braided Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
You can braid nearly any bread—including your favorite recipe. Here's our cherry braided bread with cream cheese frosting.
- Divide the dough into three equal pieces and roll into flat layers as if you were making cinnamon rolls.
- Spread filling over the bread to within 1/2-inch of the edges.
- Roll the dough into three tubes with the seam and the ends pinch closed.
- Mold the ends together and do a three-way braid pinching the ends together to seal in the filling. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubWhen the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190 degrees. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: M11-1
- Weight: 1.11lb