- Stock: In Stock
- Model: M69-1
- Weight: 1.37lb
If you like that black bread served at Outback™, you'll love this!
This bread-mix makes a wonderfully unique Pumpernickel loaf that is sure to catch peoples attention. Despite the dark color, Black Russian bread is actually relatively light but is still robust, full-bodied and very moist. If you want to make something that stands out, this is the bread for you.
Your family will absolutely love this bread. It goes well with a meal; it's fabulous for sandwiches.
This is an authentic bread, the kind you would find in a New York deli or bakery for a lot more money. It's a great bread for the price. Each mix makes a wholesome loaf of nearly two pounds.
- One our best-selling bread mixes
- Makes a large loaf--nearly two pounds--of homemade heritage bread
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2-pound bread machines--or in the oven. SAF yeast packet included!
- Directions and tips for perfect bread are included. You can make this bread in your bread machine, by hand, or with a stand-type mixer.
- Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your bread will work.
If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at exactly 80 degrees. A ten degree difference in water temperature can double the growth rate of the yeast. These bread mixes are satisfaction guaranteed when you use a thermometer.
Look at what you can make with your Black Russian Bread Mix
- Make bread in your bread machine!
- Make bread in a bread pan or make a free-standing loaf.
- Make great classic sandwiches, grilled sandwiches, and panini sandwiches.
- Make a great bread for soup.
- Make classic sandwich rolls.
What People Are Saying
"I have used this bread mix for many years and it is an excellent tasting bread. We held a very large Russian themed birthday party and used this bread with a ceremony to welcome guests in the Russian tradition. We've used it for sandwiches, toasted it with tons of butter for a side with soup and salad and the hearty rich taste is well beyond what you can buy in the store. Love this bread! Definitely a winner!"
"This is my hubby's favorite. I can't keep enough on hand. When it comes out of the bread machine we are all lined up for nice warm bread."
Directions, Nutrition Facts, and Ingredients
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190°F. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.