"No wonder the molten lava in these cakes is so good--it's made with really good chocolate wafers."
Chocolate lava cakes are a popular, elegant cousin to a brownie. Though they look like they could be complicated, they are not. With this mix, they are easy. If you can make cupcakes, you can make these lava cakes. It doesn't take special equipment; you can make them in your jumb omuffin pans.
It's as easy as 1-2-3-4.
- Mix the lava cake batter as you would for cupcakes.
- Melt the chocolate and butterin the microwave and add it to the batter.
- Fill the muffin pan cups one-third full, add the chocolate wafers, and finish filling the cups.
That's all there is to it. When they're done, let them cool for three minutes and invert the pan onto a cutting board. Dust with sugar or top with whipped cream and serve. (More detailed instructions are included with the package.)
- You'll need a six-cup jumbo muffin tin for these mixes or similar-sized baking dishes.
- Each mix makes six nice-sized cakes the size of jumbo muffins. You add the eggs and the butter. Sugar for dusting or whipped cream for topping is not included.
- Each lava cake mix includes premium chocolate chips and premium imported melting chocolate.
Impress your friends or pamper your family with these Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes. Be sure to add them to your cart.
What makes the molten lava in a lava cake? That depends on the recipe. In many recipes, the molten chocolate sauce is merely uncooked cakebatter. In our cakes, the molten sauce is quality imported chocolate that has melted in the heat of the oven. (We supply imported chocolate wafers with our mixes.) We think real chocolate is a better approach. If you rely on the uncooked batter, the temperature and time have to be dead on. With chocolate, you have room for error. Besides, real chocolate tastes better than uncooked batter.
These are wonderful. I could live on these.--Melissa
Yeah, these are really good!--Carrie
What do you think I thought of them! They are really, really good.--Katie
Baker's note: These molten chocolate lava cakes really are as good as the restaurants' and they're easy. What makes them practical for most folks is the pan--nothing exotic, just a standard jumbo muffin pan.
Ingredients: Chocolate chips (sugar, chocolate liqueur, cocoa butter, butteroil, soya lecithin, and vanilla), chocolate (sugar, palm kerneloil, cocoa powder, soya lecithin, vanilla), sugar, enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), cocoa, salt, and natural and artificial flavors. This product contains wheat, dairy products, and soy and may contain traces of nuts or eggs.