This is an easy chiffon pie made without the raw eggs. It's as light and airy as you would expect a chiffon pie to be but without the raw eggs. The filling is a mixture of whipped cream, unflavored gelatin to create a firm filling, and fruit. The blueberries can either be fresh or you can use blueberry pastry filling.
This is an easy recipe: (1) Make the crumb crust, (2) whip the cream with the gelatin, (3) fold the fruit into the whipped cream, and assemble.
Blueberry Chiffon Pie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) if you wish to bake your crumb crust. Baking helps hold the crust together but is not necessary.
- In a 9-inch springform pan, place the graham cracker crumbs. Make a well in the center of the crumbs and pour in the melted butter. Using a whisk mix together the crumbs and butter until moistened. Shape the crust with the edge of a cup pressing the crumbs against the bottom and sides of the pan. If you choose, bake the crust for 6 to 8 minutes or until the edges are barely browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixer, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the pastry filling and gelatin until dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Allow to cool slightly.
- Fold the blueberry pastry filling into the whipped cream until smooth with a whisk. Pour the filling into the crumb crust. Refrigerate until set for at least 45 minutes. (You can speed up the process by putting it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.)