Take a trip to Italy on us. We think you will love this simple artisan bread.
Our Italian Country Bread is a soft, chewy artisan bread made with a pre-ferment that gives it just a touch of country sour, the same pre-ferment used in ciabatta bread. It's reminiscent of a French bread but with a softer, moister texture. It makes for a unique sandwich bread and perfect for toasting or even eating it with just a bit of jam or butter.
- Makes 1 large loaf
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2-pound bread machines--or in the oven. SAF yeast packet included!
- Directions and tips for perfect bread are included.
If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at exactly 80 degrees. A ten degree difference in water temperature can double the growth rate of the yeast. These bread mixes are satisfaction guaranteed when you use a thermometer.
What People Are Saying
"I've tried a number of Prepared Pantry bread machine mixes, and they're all very very good. But this one is special! It is virtually fool-proof. Just make sure your water is the right temperature, and that's pretty much it. I use it with a fairly standard bread machine -- nothing too fancy -- and it turns out perfectly every time. This mix just requires water -- no butter or anything extra -- so it's super easy. It has a light top crust, and slightly dense texture. The bread itself is a very light ivory color -- not "white" per se, but just a hint of color. It works equally well for toast and sandwiches. And the flavor! Well, let's just say you won't find a better basic bread anywhere. I no longer purchase bread at the supermarket, especially when I can easily have something so much better. Highly recommended!"
"New to Prepared Pantry, this was the first loaf I made with my new bread machine last night. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Made a PERFECT loaf, I was so happy :)"
— D Coker
Directions, Nutrition Facts, and Ingredients
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190°F. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: M104-1
- Weight: 1.37lb