"Seriously, a great loaf of bread!"
Made with real sour cream. This works as a formal bread for dinner, a great sandwich bread, or wonderful rolls.
This is another great savory bread for sandwiches or for dinner. It makes wonderful soft dinner rolls and fabulous burger buns.
- Makes a large loaf--nearly two pounds--of flavorful homemade bread
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Made with real sour cream and sweet onions
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines--or in the oven.
- Satisfaction guaranteed*
This is a very popular bread for hamburger buns.
This is a great pioneer bread for not a lot of money. Made with sour cream and onions in a classic loaf, it doesn't cost a lot of money. And each mix makes a wholesome loaf of nearly two pounds.
See what others are saying!
"I don't like sour cream. I don't like onions. BUT, I Love this bread. Received this mix as a gift, and made it just so it doesn't go to waste. Now, I'm looking to buy more. You can't taste the sour cream. Better than an onion bagel. Seriously, a great loaf of bread."--Mongo627
"Your sour cream and onion bread is incredible. It's the unit favorite. I've almost had people fight over it."--Soldier in Afghanistan
Look what you can make with your gourmet bread mix!
- Make bread in your bread machine or in the oven.
- Make great sandwiches, grilled sandwiches, and panini sandwiches. (Shown is a salmon salad sandwich on pan toasted bread.)
- Make wonderful soft dinner rolls.
- Make terrific hamburger buns.
This will be one of your favorite breads! It's that good.
How to Make Terrific Hamburger Buns
Make your hamburger buns just as you would dinner rolls. Each mix will yield ten large or 12 smaller buns so divide the dough evenly. Place the dough balls on a large baking sheet greased and sprinkled with corn meal or semolina flour. Flatten each ball with the back of your hand as shown. Do it again in 15 minutes. Cover and let rise.
Directions for use in the oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
1. Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast (if any) and melted butter or oil (if any). Add water. Use 110-degree water instead of 80 degrees.
2. With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled and bubbles are about to surface.
5. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190 degrees. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: M28-1
- Weight: 1.88lb