4-Pack: Black Russian Bread Mix (Pumpernickel) for Oven or Bread Machine
If you like that black bread served at Outback™, you'll love this!
"I love Outback Restaurant™. That black Russian bread they serve is particularly good. This is better."
- Our number one best-selling bread mix
- Makes a large loaf--nearly two pounds--of homemade heritage bread
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2-pound bread machines--or in the oven.
- Satisfaction guaranteed*
This bread-mix makes a wonderfully unique Pumpernickel loaf that is sure to catch peoples attention. Despite the dark color, Black Russian bread is actually relatively light but is still robust, full-bodied and very moist. If you want to make something that stands out, this is the bread for you.
For a long time, San Francisco Sourdough was our bestselling bread. Now it is this.
Your family will absolutely love this bread. It goes well with a meal; it's fabulous for sandwiches.
This is an authentic bread, the kind you would find in a New York deli or bakery for a lot more money. It's a great bread for the price. Each mix makes a wholesome loaf of nearly two pounds.
"The best pumpernickel [bread] I have ever tasted!"--MM in TX
"I have used this bread mix for many years and it is an excellent tasting bread. We held a very large Russian themed birthday party and used this bread with a ceremony to welcome guests in the Russian tradition. Love this bread! Definitely a winner!"--Kathy
"We purchased Boarshead sweet sliced ham to go with this bread, wow, great combination. I'm purchasing more to have on hand. Great bread"--Noelene M
- Make bread in your bread machine!
- Make bread in a bread pan or make a free-standing loaf.
- Make great classic sandwiches, grilled sandwiches, and panini sandwiches.
- Make a great bread for soup.
- Make classic sandwich rolls.
This will be one of your favorite bread's!
Directions for use in the oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
1. Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast (if any) and melted butter or oil (if any). Add water. Use 110-degree water instead of 80 degrees.
2. With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium-high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled and bubbles are about to surface.
5. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190 degrees. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
Ingredients: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), pumpernickel bread base (rye flour, rye meal, salt, caramel color (contains sulfiting agents), spices, sugar, lactic acid, and 2% or less soy oil), white rye flour, dark rye flour, sugar, and yeast. This product contains wheat, soy, and dairy products and may contain traces of eggs, peanuts, or tree nuts.