Black Russian Pumpernickel Bread Mix
Make this with your bread machine, stand-type mixer, or by hand.
- An old-world bread, dark and flavorful, soft on the inside and crusty on the outside with a warm, nutty flavor.
- "Unbelievably excellent! Best toast in the universe."
- You don't have to go to the city to get great bread
- Like the best delis or bakeries in New York or Chicago.
- "Best black bread ever! The ultimate comfort food."
- "Your friends will want more"
"I grew up in Chicago with fabulous delis and bakeries. Now we're not homesick anymore."
"Any fan of black Russian bread will find this extraordinarily satisfying."
Put this on your bucket list. It's an experience you don't want to miss.
Look what you can make with this extraordinary bread:
- Pigs in a blanket in various colors. Make these with brats or hotdogs for a meal, snack, or an event.
- If you would like to make freestanding loaves, here's how to do it in three easy steps.
- Here's how to make hamburger or sandwich buns with a side of sweet potato fries. Both are excellent.
See what others say!
"This is one of the best bread mixes I have ever baked. It goes well as toast with butter, as well as with soups, and used for sandwiches with corned beef, swiss, and sauerkraut."
"This is an excellent, moist bread with a warm, nutty flavor. It's reminiscent of the bread served at Outback Steakhouse restaurants. . . . We made it in our bread machine, and it worked flawlessly." Tiana A
"The B R Pumpernickel bread was excellent. The bread was dark brown with a dense texture and a slight crust. The taste was slightly sweet and slightly sour. I used it for my own version of Dagwood sandwiches. 😀"
If you like the bread at Outback Steakhouse, you’ll love this. The kids favorite.
The best bread ever!
All of these required a bread machine but the descriptions didn’t say that when all the others did. They went in the trash.
We're sorry for any confusion about the preparation methods. Please know our bread mixes are designed for both bread machine and conventional oven use, with detailed instructions for both methods provided on our packaging and the product page's FAQs. We deeply regret any inconvenience this has caused and would like to address your concerns directly. We invite you to contact our customer service team for a satisfactory resolution to your experience.
tasted good but didnt rise like i expected and made a dense loaf even after following directions
Black Russian (Pumpernickel Bread) Mix