This is our best sourdough bread made with wholesome grains like rolled oats, rye, barley, and wheat.
European sourdough is a little different flavor than San Francisco sourdough--a very nice flavor but the tang is not sharp. It's a deep, complex flavor.
If you like sourdough bread, this is a wonderful choice. It's a milder sourdough with a chewy crust, a wonderful split-top bread. The secret is the four wholesome rolled grains (wheat, oats, rye, and barley) plus a generous helping of sunflower seeds. Because the grains are rolled, not chopped, they blend into the bread for a smooth, soft texture. (Your kids or grandkids won't know that all those good grains are in there.) But you'll get a wonderful sourdough bread that is restaurant quality and very good for you.
This is a healthy choice with four whole grains and sunflower seeds. There are no preservatives.
- A great bread for toast and sandwiches.
- A soft, moist bread that your family will love.
- Each package contains one bread mix that makes a two-pound loaf.
- Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your bread will work.
Don't miss this great bread.
Look what you can make with your gourmet bread mix!
Directions, Nutrition Facts, and Ingredients
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190°F. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: M90-1
- Weight: 1.56lb