Buttermilk White Bread Mix--with directions for braided cherry loaf.
Scroll down to see how to make a cherry or other braided bread.
Life's too short not to explore the wonderful world of breads!
With over 100 varieties, we sell thousands of bread mixes every week. Buy with confidence from the bread experts. If you have a question, we'll help you.
- Makes a large loaf--nearly two pounds--of homemade heritage bread
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines--or in the oven.
- Makes a perfect crunchy toast or chewy bread for soup or sandwiches
- Guaranteed success! Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your breads will work.
Look what others are saying!
I bought six bags of this bread mix. It is the best mix that I have ever purchased. I purchased it so that I wouldn't have to run to the store when I ran out of bread and decided to dig out my bread machine and make bread when I needed it. This is easy, and is absolutely delicious!
I have made grilled cheese sandwiches for my grandchildren with this bread and they love it, often requesting a separate slice with butter after they finish their sandwich.
I will be purchasing this again and again.--Griff
You can mix this bread by hand, with your stand-type mixer or in a bread machine on the dough setting.
- Mix the dough according to directions and divide it into three equal pieces.
- Roll each into flat layers as if you were making cinnamon rolls.
- Spread filling over the rolled bread dough to within 1/2-inch of the edges.
- Roll the dough into three tubes with the seam and the ends pinch closed. You'll have three ropes with layers of filling inside.
- Mold the ends together and do a three-way braid pinching the ends together to seal in the filling. Bake on a greased sheet for about 25 minutes. The interior temperature should reach 190 degrees when probed with a kitchen thermometer.
Directions for use in the oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
1. Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast (if any) and melted butter or oil (if any). Add water. Use 110-degree water instead of 80 degrees.
2. With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled and bubbles are about to surface.
5. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190 degrees. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
INGREDIENTS: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin and folic acid), bread base (salt, fermented wheat flour, yeast (yeast, sorbitan monostearate), malted wheat flour, sunflower oil, ascorbic acid, enzymes, sourdough flavor (wheat flour, tumaric acid with partially hydrogenated soybean oil, sodium diacetate, lactic acid silicon dioxide). This product contains wheat, soy and diary products and may contain traces of eggs, peanuts or tree nuts.