Your Choice--Buttermilk Caramel Popcorn Kit (Makes about 1 gallon)
Click Image for Gallery
This is the best, gooiest caramel popcorn on the planet!
It's the quickest, easiest way we know to make gourmet caramel popcorn.
It makes lots of gooey caramel poured over Original Kansas City Popcorn Emporium popcorn. It doesn't get any better than this.
- Makes about one gallon of scrumptious candy popcorn
- Contains a caramel candy mix that makes nearly three cups of gooey caramel candy
- Takes only about 15 minutes to cook the candy depending on your pan and the heat
- Simply pour the hot candy over the popcorn and stir
- Comes with complete, simple instructions
These are related to our Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Syrup Mixes. Same flavors but candy instead of syrup.
If this is not the best caramel corn ever, we'll give you your money back. Try it.
How to Pop the Perfect Popcorn
You don't have to have an air popper to pop popcorn. You can do it in a covered pan on the stove or in the microwave. But a popper is convenient:
There’s nothing quite like freshly popped popcorn. Follow these simple steps and you’ll have nearly perfect popcorn every time.
The best tip is to listen to your popcorn—let it tell you when it’s ready. The sound of popcorn popping is the clue. When you can count to two seconds between popcorn, it’s ready.
How to Pop on the Stovetop
Step 1: Choose a large pan, big enough to hold your popcorn. Your kit will make a big batch—about a gallon so you’ll need a 4-quart pan.
(The Popcorn Board says the yield should be one quart of popcorn popped for every ounce of unpopped corn. Your kit has 4.2 ounces.)
Step 2: Pour just enough vegetable oil to just cover the bottom of a pan. Turn on medium high heat and heat the oil until it is hot. If it starts to smoke, it's too hot. Add the popcorn kernels and shake the pan to coat the kernels with oil. Cover with the lid.
Step 3: Let the popcorn pop. The corn will begin to pop in 3 minutes. When the popping slows, remove the pan from the heat and lift the lid to allow the steam to escape away from your face. Caution—the steam may burn.
How to Pop in the Microwave
You will need a microwave popcorn popper. Follow the instructions that comes with your popper.
To make your popcorn, place about half of the popcorn from the kit in your popcorn popper. Set your microwave on medium high for 2 to 3 minutes. Microwave ovens vary so listen to the popping of the corn to tell when it’s done. Remove the popper from the microwave and gently shake the corn to aerate it. Pop the second half of your corn.
Tips for Success
1. Don’t salt your popcorn before it’s popped. Salt toughens popcorn.
2. Don’t let your popcorn dry out before popping. Keep it in a sealed container. The popcorn in your kit comes in a zippered Mylar bag.
3. Do not refrigerate unpopped corn. The refrigerator tends to dry popcorn.
Resource and for further information: The Popcorn Board, www. popcorn.org