Diego's Jalapeno Cheese Bread Mix for Bread Machine or Oven
"This is an amazing bread with a fantastic kick!"
Depending on your taste, this is a 5 to 7 on a heat scale of ten--about like a medium salsa.
If you want a great cheese bread with a little kick, this is your bread. This is my favorite bread for a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Makes a large loaf--nearly two pounds--of flavorful homemade bread
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Made with real white cheddar cheese with a sweet onion background
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines--or in the oven.
- Satisfaction guaranteed*
You'll love this bread. This is a great bread for not a lot of money. Made with real cheese and jalapenos in a classic, crafted artisan loaf but it doesn't cost a lot of money. And each mix makes a wholesome loaf of nearly two pounds.
Look what others say!
"I have bought this bread mix several times. It is so good, that I keep coming back for more."--Teresa F. Robinson
"These are great bread mixes. Makes a full 2-pound loaf. This is a very spicy bread. We all love it."--Sono Galon
"This is an amazing bread with a fantastic kick! Hot out of the breadmaker, it was devoured by a bunch of hungry people. Absolutely amazing!"--H. Oscaron
Look what you can make with your gourmet bread mix!
- Make bread in your bread machine!
- Make bread in a bread pan or make a free standing loaf.
- Make great sandwiches, grilled sandwiches, and panini sandwiches.
- Make a great bread for soup or chili.
- Make terrific hamburger buns.
If you like a little kick, this will be one of your favorite sandwich breads! Not to mention the burger buns.
Directions for use in the oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
1. Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast (if any) and melted butter or oil (if any). Add water. Use 110-degree water instead of 80 degrees.
2. With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled and bubbles are about to surface.
5. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190 degrees. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
Ingredients: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), cheddar cheese (pasteurized milk, salt, cheese cultures and enzymes), and disodium phosphate), cheese (pasteurized milk, salt, cheese cultures, and enzymes), sugar, dried jalapeno chilies, hearth bread base (enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malt barley flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), sugar, salt, soy oil, and wheat gluten), sugar, natural flavor, yeast, and salt. This product contains wheat, soy, and dairy products and may contain traces of eggs, peanuts, or tree nuts.