4-Pack Summerhill Irish Potato White Bread Machine Mix
Life's too short not to explore the wonderful world of breads!
With over 100 varieties, we sell thousands of bread mixes every week. Buy with confidence from the bread experts. If you have a question, we'll help you.
- Makes a large loaf--nearly two pounds--of homemade heritage bread
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines--or in the oven.
- Makes a perfect crunchy toast or chewy bread for soup or sandwiches
- Guaranteed success! Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your breads will work.
Summerhill breads are great European breads. This is one of our most popular white bread mixes. Check out the reviews.
Potatoes grow well in a cool climate and in well drained soils. They are particularly well suited to Ireland where ingenious cooks incorporate potatoes into everything from breads to soups. Potatoes add a mild, tangy flavor to bread, almost like sourdough. Potato flour keeps the bread moist and soft.
Look what others are saying!
This is a very versatile everyday bread. In addition bread and rolls, you can make French toast and sweet rolls.
The French toast above is stuffed with apple filling and topped with whipped cream.
To the right is a cherry braid frosted with a cream cheese frosting.
- Divide the dough into three equal pieces and roll into flat layers as if you were making cinnamon rolls.
- Spread filling over the bread to within 1/2-inch of the edges.
- Roll the dough into three tubes with the seam and the ends pinch closed.
- Mold the ends together and do a three-way braid pinching the ends together to seal in the filling. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Directions for use in the oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
1. Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast (if any) and melted butter or oil (if any). Add water. Use 110-degree water instead of 80 degrees.
2. With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled and bubbles are about to surface.
5. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190 degrees. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
Ingredients: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), cornmeal, wheat gluten, molasses (organic cane sugar, organic molasses), salt, yeast (yeast, monostearate), and dough conditioner (added for better baking (wheat flour, dextrose, soy flour, calcium salts, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, soy lecithin, ascorbic acid, L-cysteine monohydrochloride, fungal enzymes, azodicarbonamide, and calcium iodate)). This product contains wheat and soy and may contain traces of eggs, dairy, peanuts, or tree nuts.