It's easy! Make wonderful French bread in your bread machine.
But you'll make an amazing bread with an authentic French bread taste and with a crisp, chewy crust. Your friends will think you went to the bakery but it will be fresh, and it will be yours.
Imagine! Set your machine and have fresh, warm French bread ready for dinner when you get home.
- Makes 1 large loaf
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2-pound bread machines--or in the oven. SAF yeast packet included!
- Directions and tips for perfect bread are included.
- Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your bread will work.
If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at exactly 80 degrees. A ten degree difference in water temperature can double the growth rate of the yeast. These bread mixes are satisfaction guaranteed when you use a thermometer.
What People Are Saying
"Our favorite of all we have tried. My husband is obsessed with it. He would eat the whole loaf at a sitting if I let him. A loaf last two day if I'm lucky. It's light, rises nicely, not dense. And it truly tastes out of this world. Trust me, you will not be sorry if you buy it!! I bought a couple the first time when it was on sale. I bought 8 this last time because it doesn't last."
"A heavenly miracle is what this bread is and I can't believe I'm the first to write a review. There was a huge/great sale here some months ago and I decided to try this bread among other things. I bought 2 of this mix and SO glad I did! This morning was the first time I decided to try it and holy smoke, it is so delicious that I've almost devoured half of the finished loaf! Hey, shame on me, but if you tasted it, I am positive you'll be slicing and slicing and eating and eating as well. Honestly, it is outstanding. I ran by the site again to reorder this bread because I surely don't want to run out of it and I'm buying a package for my best friend to try, too. The crust is crunchy and chewy, just as it should be; the interior of the bread is light as a feather and not overly dense the way I find Italian bread is. And the flavor? Divine! Suffice it to say it's the BEST French bread I've ever had. Buy it. Just buy it. You'll be so happy you did."
Directions, Nutrition Facts, and Ingredients
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190°F. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: M95-1
- Weight: 2.00lb