Marsden & Bathe Brown Sugar Flavor--2 ounces.
Take an ordinary recipe and make it your own with a splash of brown sugar flavor.
"Once you try Marsden & Bathe flavorings you will never use any other brand. I particularly use the Brown Sugar Flavor in my meringue's as it gives the toasted marshmallow flavor to the entire meringue not just the toasted/browned tips. I also use it my quick breads like zucchini and banana breads. It is a secret ingredient in many of my cookie recipes. I'd give this flavor 10 stars if I could!"--Onalee Suthernland
Vanilla is the canvas upon which the baker creates his or her art. Brown sugar flavor makes another excellent canvas. It's a little warmer than vanilla but it makes a wonderful canvas.
As of this writing, it is way less expensive than bourbon vanilla. ("Bourbon" by the way refers to an island, not a liquor.)
- Use it in place of vanilla in any recipe.
- Commercial strength natural and artificial flavor--more concentrated therefore more economical that "store" flavors.
- A flavor profile that is sweet and smooth--an old-fashioned, down-home, comfort flavor.
- Especially a delight with any recipe that has cinnamon.
- Produced by a US company with over 100 years experience in flavors.
- Comes in a dark glass bottle to protect the delicate flavors from light.
Here's how to make your whipped cream better:
The higher the fat content, the thicker the cream and the easier it is whip into stable peaks.
- Half-and-half has a minimum of 12% fat.
- Light cream has a minimum of 20% fat
- Whipping cream has a minimum of 30% fat.
- Heavy cream contains 36% fat
You can find cream with more fat than 36%. Try Darigold’s Extra Heavy Whipping Cream with 40% fat from Sam’s Club. The extra fat makes a quite a difference in how easy it whips and how long it holds without melting.
Use meringue powder. Add meringue powder to your whipping cream to keep it from melting (and to your frostings to make them stiffer and and less likely to mar).
Learn more about and shop for meringue powder.
Discover whipped cream frostings:Brown sugar frostings are delightful and simple to make.
Try them in place of buttercream frostings.
Not only do they taste wonderful but because of the whipped cream rather butter base, they are lighter and less caloric.
- See a recipe for a basic whipped cream frosting.
- See a recipe that uses whipped cream in a delightful cream cheese frosting.
Ingredients: Natural Brown Sugar Flavor, Water, Alcohol, Salt, High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, and Citric Acid. This product is packaged in a facility where baking mixes are produced and may contain traces of soy, dairy, wheat, tree nuts, peanuts, or eggs.