Marsden & Bathe French Vanilla--2 ounces. Limit 1
There are two reasons to buy French Vanilla: Everyone loves "birthday cake vanilla" and it costs a lot less than bourbon vanillas.
Vanilla is the canvas upon which the baker creates his or her art. French Vanilla makes another excellent canvas. It's a popular flavor in cakes and ice cream. It makes fantastic whipped cream.
As of this writing, it is way less expensive than bourbon vanilla. ("Bourbon" by the way refers to an island, not a liquor.)
- Commercial strength natural and artificial flavor--more concentrated therefore more economical that "store" flavors.
- A sweet flavor profile that is sweet, smooth, and a little like custard.
- Compliments fruits well, especially berries.
- Perfect with shakes, cheesecakes, nuts, and chocolate.
- Produced by a US company with over 100 years experience in flavors.
- Comes in a dark glass bottle to protect the delicate flavors from light.
Here's how to make your whipped cream better:
The higher the fat content, the thicker the cream and the easier it is whip into stable peaks.
- Half-and-half has a minimum of 12% fat.
- Light cream has a minimum of 20% fat
- Whipping cream has a minimum of 30% fat.
- Heavy cream contains 36% fat
You can find cream with more fat than 36%. Try Darigold’s Extra Heavy Whipping Cream with 40% fat from Sam’s Club. The extra fat makes a quite a difference in how easy it whips and how long it holds without melting.
Use meringue powder. Add meringue powder to your whipping cream to keep it from melting (and to your frostings to make them stiffer and and less likely to mar).
Learn more about and shop for meringue powder.
Discover whipped cream frostings:French vanilla frostings are delightful and simple to make.
Try them in place of buttercream frostings.
Not only do they taste wonderful but because of the whipped cream rather butter base, they are lighter and less caloric.
- See a recipe for a basic whipped cream frosting.
- See a recipe that uses whipped cream in a delightful cream cheese frosting.