Who needs store-bought bread when you can get this good at home!
"I was raised in an old farmhouse with a big, square kitchen—bigger than most kitchens today—with a south-facing window streaming with sunlight. My mother was a bread baker and with five boys, made monstrous batches—usually with whole wheat flour that she ground herself. She always sweetened her bread with honey, even the white. This bread is reminiscent of that bread." — Dennis Weaver (Owner, The Prepared Pantry)
This bread mix is made with the best and freshest stone ground premium bread flour from Montana and sweetened with honey. It's a moist and light bread, a fine bread in a full, generous loaf.
- Makes a 1 large loaf
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines—or in your oven.
- Guaranteed success! Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your breads will work.
What People Are Saying
"This was our first bread baked from Prepared Pantry. It is amazing! Sturdy yet light texture, wonderful flavor, and a beautiful appearance. We also gave one of these mixes to my daughter-in-law. She raved about it - and her picky kids wolfed it down! For sandwiches or toast you can’t go wrong with the Honey-wheat."
See Image Gallery for Nutrition Facts
Ingredients: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), whole wheat flour, potato flour, hearth bread base (enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malt barley flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), sugar, salt, soy oil, and wheat gluten), honey (honey, wheat starch, calcium sterate (an anti-caking agent), and hydroxylated lecithin), milk (nonfat dry milk), yeast (yeast, monostearate), salt, and dough conditioner added for better baking (wheat flour, dextrose, soy flour, calcium salts, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, soy lecithin, ascorbic acid, L-cysteine monohydrochloride, fungal enzymes, azodicarbonamide, and calcium iodate). This mix contains wheat, soy, and dairy products and may contain traces of eggs, tree nuts, or peanuts.
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190°F. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: M98-1
- Weight: 1.37lb