This is an amazing bread with a fantastic kick
Depending on your taste, this is a 5 to 7 on a heat scale of ten--about like a medium salsa.
If you want a great cheese bread with a little kick, this is your bread. This is my favorite bread for a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Makes 1 large loaf--nearly two pounds--of flavorful homemade bread
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2-pound bread machines--or in the oven. SAF yeast packet included!
- Directions and tips for perfect bread are included.
- Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your bread will work.
You'll love this bread. This is a great bread for not a lot of money. Made with real cheese and jalapenos in a classic, crafted artisan loaf but it doesn't cost a lot of money. And each mix makes a wholesome loaf of nearly two pounds.
If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at exactly 80 degrees. A ten degree difference in water temperature can double the growth rate of the yeast. These bread mixes are satisfaction guaranteed when you use a thermometer.
What People Are Saying
"This is an amazing bread with a fantastic kick! Hot out of the breadmaker, it was devoured by a bunch of hungry people. Absolutely amazing!"
"I have bought this bread mix several times. It is so good, that I keep coming back for more."
Look what you can make with your gourmet bread mix!
- Make bread in your bread machine!
- Make bread in a bread pan or make a free standing loaf.
- Make great sandwiches, grilled sandwiches, and panini sandwiches.
- Make a great bread for soup or chili.
- Make terrific hamburger buns.
Directions, Nutrition Facts, and Ingredients
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190°F. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: M77-1
- Weight: 1.50lb