Crepe and Blintz Mix (24 oz.) Limit 1. Valid in the store with a $20 purchase.
See how easy it is to make blintzes and crepes!
Delight your family and impress your friends with these delightful treats!
Use your favorite fruit! Even if you’ve never made crepes before, you can now!
Crepes are simple to make. Pour a little batter in a hot pan, tip the pan to cover the bottom with batter, and fry them.
Then use your crepes to make blintzes. Fill them, fold, them and refry them.
To make the crepes:
You’ll need a good nonstick pan to cook your crepes. You can use a special crepe pan but an eight-inch nonstick frying pan works just fine.
1. Heat a small skillet or crepe pan until medium hot. Melt some butter in the pan.
2. Pour about a quarter cup of the batter into the preheated pan.
3. Immediately tip and rotate the skillet so that there is a thin coating of batter over the bottom of the pan.
4. Cook until it is light-colored on one side and turn and cook on the second side.
5. Remove the cooked crepe to a plate. Repeat, stacking the crepes between sheets of waxed paper. Cover them to keep them warm.
Tip! The secret to cooking crepes is to rotate the pan to spread the batter as soon as it hits the hot pan.
To assemble the blintzes:
Place the crepes cooked side up. Squeeze two or three tablespoons of Bavarian Cream Filling or a cream cheese filling and some fruit on the bottom half of a crepe. Fold the bottom up. Fold the sides in. Then, roll the crepe up to form a rectangular packet. (See illustrations.) Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to cook your blitzes.
To fry the blintzes:
Melt two tablespoons of butter in the skillet or crepe pan. Place enough blintzes in the pan seam side down to fill the pan. Fry for about two minutes on each side or until golden and crisp. Keep the blintzes warm in the oven set at 250 degrees until ready to serve.
Serve with a fruit topping and whipped cream. Try flavoring you whipped cream with flavor by simply adding 1 tsp. of the flavor to about 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup sugar.