Donut Cinnamon Buns in a Cup Mix.
Baker's note: These little devils are sticky. Either spray the paper cups well with baking spray or grease a muffin pan.
The optional filling packs will fill two batches of buns. Or you may use the cinnamon/sugar filling that comes with the mix to make traditional cinnamon rolls or choose a pastry filling to make filling enhanced rolls.
And yes, this is a raised, glazed donut mix to make your buns extra light, soft, and sweet.
You're making the very best cinnamon buns with the Original Potato Donut recipe made into a mix. Your family will go nuts over them. They are lighter and fluffier than you can imagine.
Your family will love the scrumptious smell filling your kitchen as they bake. Share them with neighbors, at family reunions, and with your own family. People will love the cute individual servings made in the muffin cup liners. They'll want to know how you did it.
These were baked in Red Glassine Paper Liners. These are made with a coated paper, what the pros use. They come in a 500 cup tube and are very inexpensive.
- Detailed instructions make it easy, even if you've never baked cinnamon rolls before
- Soft, moist, fluffy texture
- Proven and foolproof
- Make them by hand or with your stand-type mixer
- Easy frosting recipe included or use professional premade cinnamon bun frosting
- You add only water and butter
To make filled sweet buns, instead of cinnamon sugar:
Instead of using the cinnamon/sugar filling that comes with the mix and the butter that you provide, substitute a pastry or a pie filling. The rolls on this page were made with our professional pie fillings. Each filling comes in a two-pound squeeze pack. Each two pound pack will make two batches of sweet rolls.
Shown are rolls made with the cinnamon sugar filling that comes with the mix and those filled with raspberry pastry filling.
Tips for Best Results:
- Spray the insides of the paper liners with a nonstick cooking spray so that the sweet buns don't stick to the liners.
- After rolling the dough to a rough rectangle, cut it into six-inch wide strips before rolling the filling inside. Thinly rolled dough and six-inch wide strips will make for small-diameter log that can be cute into slices to fit into a muffin cup.
- Cut your roll into slices about 3/4-inch wide.
- Let them rise until puffy. In a cool kitchen, that might take awhile. In a warm kitchen, an hour or less.
The tendency is to put too much dough in each muffin cup. Regular muffin cups are small and this dough will rise to three times the size. The slices should only be 3/4-inch wide and as big around as the bottom of the muffin cup. From each mix, you should make 30 to 32 little sweet rolls in regular cups and 16 to 18 in jumbo cups.
You may purchase raised, glazed donut mixes here for future batches or for other pastries. We use this mix for cinnamon buns, sticky buns, and monkey bread.
For Donut Cinnamon Roll Instructions: https://www.preparedpantry.com/blog/donut-cinnamon-roll-instructions/
Ingredients: Unbleached, Enriched Wheat flour (niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), hydrogenated soybean oil, granulated sugar, sweet dairy whey, salt, potato flour, wheat starch, spices, lecithin, tetrasodium pyrophosate, L-cysteine, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium bicarbonate, yeast, artificial & natural flavorings, egg yolk solids, ascorbic acid, yellow #5. This product contains wheat, eggs, and dairy products and may contain traces of peanuts, soy, or tree nuts.