White Cheddar and Sweet Onion Bread Mix for Machine or Oven
"This is the best sandwich bread!" Made with real cheese.
The #2 best savory bagel in the U.S. is an onion bagel. With the white cheddar, this is better.
This is our favorite bread for a roast beef sandwich. Really, it's a great savory bread for sandwiches or with a warm soup.
- Makes a large loaf--nearly two pounds--of flavorful homemade bread
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Made with real white cheddar cheese with a sweet onion background
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines--or in the oven.
- Satisfaction guaranteed*
You'll love this bread. It's a great lunch bread whether for soup or for sandwiches. Anyone who likes a savory bagel, will love this bread. Try it with your favorite soup or make some great sandwiches. This is a great bread for grilled sandwiches.
This is a great bread for not a lot of money. Made with real cheese and onions in a classic, crafted artisan loaf but it doesn't cost a lot of money. And each mix makes a wholesome loaf of nearly two pounds.
Look what you can make with your gourmet bread mix!
- Make bread in your bread machine!
- Make bread in a bread pan or make a free standing loaf.
- Make great sandwiches, grilled sandwiches, and panini sandwiches.
- Make a great bread for soup or chili.
- Make hard or soft dinner rolls.
- Make terrific hamburger buns.
This will be one of your favorite sandwich breads! And it makes incredible, cheesy burger buns.
How to Make Terrific Hamburger Buns
Make your hamburger buns just as you would dinner rolls. Each mix will yield ten large or 12 smaller buns so divide the dough evenly. Place the dough balls on a large baking sheet greased and sprinkled with corn meal or semolina flour. Flatten each ball with the back of your hand as shown. Do it again in 15 minutes. Cover and let rise.
Directions for use in the oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
1. Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast (if any) and melted butter or oil (if any). Add water. Use 110-degree water instead of 80 degrees.
2. With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled and bubbles are about to surface.
5. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190 degrees. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
Ingredients: Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), cheddar cheese (pasteurized milk, salt, cheese cultures and enzymes), and disodium phosphate), hearth bread base (enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malt barley flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, and folic acid), sugar, salt, soy oil, and wheat gluten), sugar, natural flavor, yeast, dried onion, and salt. This product contains wheat, soy, and dairy products and may contain traces of eggs, peanuts, or tree nuts.