Awesome Chubby Cherry Cheesecake Skillet Cobbler Kit
This makes a fantastic cherry cheesecake cobbler. You get a skillet cobbler mix and a Chubby Cherry filling. The cobbler is superb. The cherry filling is the best we've ever tried.
Just don't tell them how easy it is.
For the cheesecake portion of the filling, use the recipe below or get the optional squeeze pack of cream cheese filling. This optional two-pound pack makes four of these cobblers. We recommend the pre-made filling:
- It is an excellent, professional filling.
- It's quick and easy. Clip the corner and squeeze about a fourth of it across your cobbler batter. (It will sink to the bottom during baking.) Put a clip on the package and store for up to six months in your refrigerator. Make more cobblers or use it to fill cupcakes, use it on pancakes or crepes, make stuffed french toast, or spread it between cake layers.
- It's economical. Chances are you can't buy the cream cheese for less than the filling.
To make your skillet cobbler, just follow the package directions. You will need a 11-12 inch skillet or baking dish.
To make the cream cheese filling from scratch, you will need:
- One large egg
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat the cream cheese and the sugar together with the paddle attachment of your stand-type mixer.
- Add the egg and the vanilla. Mix well.
- Assemble and bake according to package instructions.
Keep several of these easy desserts on hand. You'll have an easy-to-put-together dessert that will delight your family and friends