There is a reason this is a bestselling bread.
It's a wholesome whole wheat bread loaded with sunflower seeds.
When you drive across North Dakota, the sky seems to stretch forever and the hills, bathed in bright yellow sunflowers, roll gently across the horizon. This bread captures the wholesome goodness of our northern prairies. You'll find the right combination of Montana whole wheat flour and premium bread flour and lots of sunflower seeds.
- Each bread mix makes one large loaf.
- SAF yeast packet included!
- Makes perfect bread in all popular 1 1/2 to 2 pound bread machines—or in the oven.
- Use a thermometer to check water temperature and we guarantee your bread will work.
What People Are Saying
"This is the 1st bread mix I have tried and WOW...The smell as it was baking was wonderful. The taste was even better. Butter and honey atop and we are happy... Can't wait to try the others ordered with this one."
"This bread baked up perfectly in my machine following the directions. It is dense and flavorful. Especially wonderful toasted which intensifies the seed flavor. Enjoyed to the last crumb."
"I love the crunch of the sunflower seeds. They get toasted by baking. This is a real winner!"
— Saul G. Levy
"This is a very hearty bread. A couple slices of toast is definitely breakfast! It has a great texture and tastes delicious."
— Janetta Gagnon
"I made this bread for some guests. Didn't have one slice left when they departed. The sunflower seeds give it a great texture. Will definitely be ordering again."
— Nikki Gustine
Directions, Nutrition Facts, and Ingredients
Directions for Use in Oven
To bake this mix in your oven, follow the directions on the package.
- Place the mix in your stand-type mixer along with the yeast and melted butter or oil (if called for on package directions). Add water. Use 110°F water instead of 80°F.
- With the dough hook, mix slowly until the dough ball forms. Turn the speed to medium high and mix for five to ten minutes until the gluten forms and the dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled, about one hour, depending on room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Turn the dough onto a lightly greased or floured work area and form your loaf. Place your dough in a 9 x 5-inch pan or other pan and let rise until the size has doubled. When the bread has raised, place the loaf on the center rack of the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done. The internal temperature should reach 190°F. Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool slightly before slicing.
NOTE: If you make this bread in your bread machine, water temperature is critical. Please use a thermometer to measure water at 80°F and we'll guarantee the bread. If you are baking the bread in the oven, use water that is 110°F.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: M00-1
- Weight: 3.81lb