Here’s how to make these neat filled Danish pastries in chocolate. There easy with a Danish aebleskiver pan.
2 cups all-purpose or cake flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 large eggs
2 cups buttermilk
sweetened whipped cream
1. Mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
2. Separate the eggs, the yolks from the whites. Set the yolks aside. Beat the egg whites until light and fluffy and soft peaks form.
3. Add the egg yolks and the buttermilk to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
4. Grease your aebleskiver pan with a spray dispenser or with butter (spray your pan again as needed). Heat the pan over medium heat. Fill each cup about two-thirds full with batter. (Try using our Medium Quick Release Scoop to cleanly drop the batter into the cups.)
5. Cook for one to one and one-half minutes before turning. (You can turn your aebleskiver with a toothpick or skewer.) Cook for another minute or until done. Remove to a plate. Fill the pastries with sweetened whipped cream with a tube or star tip on your decorating set or with the nozzle of an aerosol can of whipped cream. Roll the pastries in powdered sugar.