The best part about quiche is that you can choose whatever you want to throw into it. We went with spinach for this one. We debated—should we use mozzarella or Swiss for this quiche. We chose Swiss but you can choose either. If you like spinach, try this quiche.
- 1 single pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cooked spinach, chopped and with the water very well-drained
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the crust according to package or recipe directions. Form the crust in a 9-inch pie pan, preferably a stainless steel pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Add the spinach, half and half, grated cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Pour the filling into crust and bake for 45 minutes or until the quiche tests done. The quiche is baked when a thermometer inserted in the center of the pie reads 170 degrees.
“The Egg and I”
Learn the best ways to make perfect omelets and frittatas, PLUS great recipes!