This Plum Crazy no-churn ice cream is another very simple no-churn ice cream dessert. You can use this as a template for other fruit-flavored no-churn ice creams. We used Plum Crazy Syrup and Red Angelino Plums but we’re sure that combinations like boysenberry syrup and dried cherries would work.
Experimenting with Fruity No-Churn Ice Cream
This is an intriguing, fruity, ice cream that is good enough to serve to guests. After you have tried this, experiment with other syrups and fruits. If you would like to make a fruity no-churn ice cream with fresh or frozen fruit, use our Mountain Blueberry No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe as a template.
The Plum Crazy No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely diced red angelino plums
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup Plum Crazy Gourmet Syrup
- Place the plums in a microwave safe bowl with about 1/4 cup water, cover and heat until hot. Set aside.
- Beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and gourmet syrup.
- Drain the plums and pat dry. Gently fold the plums into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a one-quart pan or baking dish and freeze.
Baker’s note: With this recipe, you can use our Frozen Treat Maker to make popsicle-type ice cream treats on a stick.
You can use this recipe with other dried fruits. If the dried fruit is soft and moist, you may omit the step of plumping the fruit in hot water.
(Updated from May 22, 2014)