Pineapple upside-down cake is really easy. Place the topping including the pineapple pieces or rings in the bottom of a pan, spoon the batter over, and bake. It’s pretty and an easy recipe. Best of all, it’s scrumptious.
- 1 Vanilla Bean Baby Cake Mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 or 5 canned pineapple rings drained and cut in half if desired
- 4 or 5 maraschino cherries, halved
- Mix the cake mix according to package instructions.
- Melt the butter in a nine-inch pan that has been greased on the sides. Stir in the brown sugar.
- Arrange the pineapple rings and cherries at the bottom of the pan.
- Spoon the cake batter over the fruit.
- Bake the cake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until it tests done.
- Let it rest for about three minutes and then invert the pineapple upside-down cake onto a serving plate.