You can make peach freezer jam without cooking the peaches but minimal cooking does release the flavor. In this case, we enhanced the flavor with the addition of crushed pineapple. It really brings out the peach flavor.
- 5 cups diced peaches (or ground apricots)
- 20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons Original Clearjel
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- Wash and dry the five pint-sized jam jars or plastic containers. Make sure the lids fit tightly.
- Add lemon juice to fruit.
- Mix Clearjel with 1/4 cup sugar. Add mixture to peaches and pineapple.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and add the remainder of the sugar. Boil for one minute. Stir consistently.
- Immediately, pour the jam into your prepared containers leaving 1/2 inch clearance for expansion while freezing.
- Let the jars stand on the counter for 24 hours to allow the pectin to set then freeze.
(Updated from May 22, 2014)