You can make peach jam without cooking the peaches but minimal cooking does release the flavor.
In this case, we enhanced the flavor with the addition of crushed pineapple.
5 cups diced peaches
20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup lemon juice
7 TBS Original Clearjel
3 cups granulated sugar
- Wash and dry the five pint-sized jam jars or plastic containers. Make sure the lids fit tightly.
- Add lemon juice to fruit.
- Mix Clearjel with 1/4 cup sugar. Add mixture to peaches and pineapple.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and add remainder of sugar. Boil for one minute. Stir consistently.
- Immediately, pour the jam into your prepared containers leaving 1/2 inch clearance for expansion while freezing. Let the jars stand on the counter for 24 hours to allow the pectin to set then freeze.