One of my favorite things to pair with homemade burgers is french fries, but deep frying the fries in oil can be pretty tricky and often makes quite the mess. Here’s how you can make oven fries.
The Best Oven Fries We’ve Ever Made
- 2 1/2 pounds russet or other baking potatoes (not peeled)
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat the Oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or use a crisper and spray the crisper. If using a baking sheet, spray the foil well with a mister. (Because of the sugar, these fries will stick. Grease well.)
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch thick fries.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss the potatoes in the mixture. Spread on the baking sheet or crisper in one layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and browned. Serve immediately.
Spicing Up Your Oven Fries
Think of your oven fries as a blank canvas. You can season them or top them however you want. Here are a few of our favorite variations. Sprinkle some cheddar on top and make them into cheesy fries. You could even try experimenting with your favorite grill seasonings to make them match your burgers even better. Gallery