This recipe is very easy and very good. Season them as you wish. Cooking times will vary with the dish you use and your microwave.
For seasoning, you can use a spice blend such as Old Yellowstone Seasonings or South of the Border Mexican and Taco Seasoning. You can also use table or simmer sauces.
1 boneless chicken breast, cut into strips, approximately 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide
1 green bell pepper, cut in thin slices
1 sweet onion, cut in thin slices
salt and pepper
seasoning of your choice
- Place chicken strips, bell pepper, and onion slices into a shallow microwave-safe baking dish. Toss to combine.
- Add fajita seasoning of your choice and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the chicken mixture to distribute the seasoning evenly.
- Place the dish in the microwave oven. Cover with a lid or waxed paper and cook the chicken on high for two minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and stir to redistribute the chicken so it will be evenly cooked; then place the dish in the microwave again for another two minutes. (Chicken should reach a temperature of 170 degrees to be safely cooked.)
- Cover 2 flour tortillas with a paper towel and heat them for 30 seconds on high in the microwave.
- Place the chicken in the center of the tortilla. Before rolling the tortilla, top with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream or other condiments.