Prep Time: 30 min. | Cook Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 1hr.
You don’t need much more for this than a pot and can opener. It’s super easy to make and was the winner of an extended family chili cook off.
This is a one pot meal. Cook the ground beef in the same pan that you will use for the soup. You’ll have soup on the table in one hour.
1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained of grease
5 15-ounce cans of beans, drained
2 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes with onions
1 29 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a large Dutch oven or other pan.
- Stir and cook over medium heat.
- Let simmer for five minutes to meld the flavors. Serve hot.
Recommended Cream Soup Recipes
- Cream of Broccoli Soup: You can turn this into the famous cheesy broccoli soup, or you can keep it as-is for a delightfully creamy soup.
- Cream of Potato Soup: There’s nothing quite as warming as a creamy potato soup.
- Cream of Corn Soup: This is a cream soup that doesn’t require you to cream the vegetables.
- Cream of Celery Soup: This soup is similar to our cream of broccoli soup but uses diced celery instead.
- Baked Potato Soup: This creamy soup is a great way to use baked potatoes, and the bacon and cheddar make it spectacular.
- Roasted Cauliflower, Onion, and Garlic Soup: This soup is easy to prepare and delicious once the vegetables are roasted.
- Fall Harvest Soup: This is an unusual cream soup made with apples and honey for a bit of sweetness that is well-balanced with a touch of curry.
Recommended Chili and Soup Recipes
- Merri Ann’s Easy Chili
- Chicken and Black Bean Chili
- Black Bean and Rice Chili Recipe
- Wild Rice, Mushroom, and Ham (or Chicken) Soup
- Southwest Corn Soup
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.
Free Chowder E-book: “How to Make Chowder: A Chef’s Guide to Making Chowder”. Just tell us where to send it.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!