This crockpot mashed potato recipe is the recipe that Merri Ann used for holiday dinner mashed potatoes. It’s a combination of several recipes that she found online with her own simple seasoning. All you do is throw the ingredients into the crockpot and walk away. You’ll have creamy crockpot mashed potatoes with minimal effort.
Crockpot Mashed Potatoes: A One-Pot Meal
Most recipes called for Yukon Gold potatoes but we used russets. She used seven pounds of potatoes which maxed out a large crockpot. The recipe below is scaled back to five pounds of potatoes. We mashed them right in the crockpot.
If we had mashed them with the paddle in the stand-type mixer, they would have been fluffier, but that would have been an extra step and an extra dirty bowl.
Mashed Potato Variations
Some recipes called for cream cheese or sour cream to make them creamier. We preferred the recipes that used butter and broth instead. Not everyone likes garlic at our house, so we omitted that. It’s really up to you to decide what you and your family like.
Crockpot Mashed Potato Recipe
- 5 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 stick of butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- pepper to taste
- Minced garlic (optional)
- Place the potatoes, chicken broth, butter, and minced garlic (if desired) in the crockpot. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Mash the potatoes in the crockpot.
- Add seasoning and other preferred additions such as sour cream, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, bacon bits, or shredded cheese.
That’s it! Enjoy!
- 13 Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes! Mashed potatoes are simple, but they don’t have to be boring; mix in cheese, bacon, jalapenos, onions, or any of your favorite ingredients.
- 3 Ways to Make a Meal out of Your Leftover Mashed Potatoes! Don’t let those leftover potatoes go to waste–turn them into a delicious meal instead.
- Make Potato Dinner Rolls! You can also turn your mashed potatoes into moist dinner rolls.
Easy Make Ahead Meals. Save time in the kitchen with easy make-ahead meals like calzones, quiche, and French toast. Get recipes, variations, tips, and more. Just tell us where to send it.
Bread Mixes. We know breads! To get innovative ideas for breads and regular special offers on bread mixes, join our bread interest group. Our bread mixes are suitable for both bread machine and oven.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!