These maple nut muffins are made with maple chips to give you a burst of maple flavor in every bite. This recipe makes light, high-domed muffins.
1/4 cup butter
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup maple chips
1/2 cup pecan pieces
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Add the milk, vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Gently blend the two mixtures together just until moistened. Fold in the chips and nuts.
- Spoon the batter into well-greased muffin tins. The tins should be at least 2/3’s full.
- Bake for five minutes in the hot oven and then turn the temperature down to 350 degrees. Bake for and additional ten to twelve minutes or until done. (Total baking time will vary on the pan and the oven.)
- Let the muffins cool for five minutes in the pan before removing them.