This recipe is sized for a nine or ten inch cheesecake but the same crust can be used for a pie. It makes a terrific crust for a peach pie.
Additional Recipes and References
- Free! How to Bake, a free 250 page baking book
- Free! Easy Cheesecakes from A to Z (Includes “A Cheesecake Troubleshooting Guide)
- Free! A Manual for No-Bake Cheesecakes
- Springform Pans from Round to Square
- Click to see the Cheesecake Recipe Index with over 40 additional recipes
2 cups crushed gingersnaps
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Crush the gingersnaps. (The easiest way to create the crumbs is with a food
2. Mix the crumbs with the optional nuts, brown sugar, and melted butter in a nine or
ten-inch springform pan. Press the mixture into a crust across the bottom of the
pan and up the sides.
3. Put the crust in the refrigerator to set up while you prepare the filling.
Baker’s note: There is now a wide variety of springform pans to choose from: round, glass base, square, heart-shaped, rectangular, and silicone. We prefer the silicone pans with their leak proof seals, easy release, and easy clean-up. See all our springform pans.