By Casey Archibald
The 4th of July is filled with memories for most people. For me, the memories that flash through my mind include the time when I accidently shot a bottle rocket at my high school boyfriend (don’t worry, he was fine), when I went out on my good friend’s boat to the middle of Lake Washington to watch fireworks, and when I rode my bike with my cousins at our annual family 4th party.
The 4th is coming and it’s time to make new memories with these fun and delicious red, white and blue treats. It’s gotten me in a patriotic mood, and we hope it does the same for you!
½ cup blue Gatorade
½ cup white, pina colada flavored Sobe
½ cup cranberry juice
¼ cup ice cubes
Red or blue Pop Rocks
1. Pour the Pop Rocks onto a plate. Wet the rim of the glass with a little water and dip the rim into the Pop Rocks so they stick.
2. Carefully pour the cranberry juice in the bottom of a glass. Make sure the drink with the highest sugar content is on the bottom. Add the ice.
3. Then add the pina colada Sobe, or the drink with the second highest sugar content. Pour slowly and carefully so it doesn’t mix too much with the cranberry juice.
4. Slowly add the Gatorade, or the drink with the lowest sugar content. Enjoy!
- Blue Gatorade
- Cranberry juice
- Pina colada Sobe
- Red or blue pop rocks
- Star shaped ice cube tray