This no-churn spumoni ice cream is an easy ice cream to make. Whip up the cream, fold in the goodies, and freeze it in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator. It makes a light, delightful dessert.
It isn’t your regular spumoni ice cream because it only has the cherry flavor, but it has delicious maraschino cherries, chopped almonds, and chocolate chips to make it an absolute delight.
The No-Churn Spumoni Ice Cream with Maraschino Cherries Recipe
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cherry flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1 small bottle maraschino cherries drained, halved, and patted dry
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Pour the whipping cream into a medium bowl. Add the sweetened condensed milk and flavors. Whip until soft peaks form. Add the food coloring to get the desired shade.
2. Fold in the cherries, nuts, and chocolate chips.
3. Spoon the mixture into an ungreased 9×9-inch pan. Freeze for four hours or until firm.
Baker’s note: We tried this with dark chocolate chips but the rich chocolate overwhelmed the somewhat delicate cherry flavor. Milk chocolate chips were more reasonable. This can also be made with rainbow chips.
(Updated from May 22, 2014)