This 3-step spumoni no-churn ice cream is an easy ice cream to make. Whip up the cream, fold in the goodies, and freeze it in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator. If you like cherry pie, you will love this ice cream. And we’ll give you your money back if this isn’t the best cherry filling you’ve had.
It is neither regular ice cream nor original spumoni. But it’s good and easy to make. It’s sure to become a new summertime favorite.
Understanding the Differences in this No-Churn Ice Cream
Regular ice cream is made with paddle or churn to incorporate air into the ice cream to make it soft and smooth. No-churn ice cream is made in the freezer. The air is in the whipped cream. It’s whipped and folded into the mixture before freezing.
And spumoni is usually three different kinds of ice cream in layers and with fruit and nuts. This has only one kind of ice cream but it does have nuts and fruit. This version is made with our Chubby Cherry Topping and Filling.
The 3-Step Spumoni No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Madagascar vanilla flavor or equal
- 1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry flavor
- 2 drops deep pink Americolor Food Color Gel, or equal
- 1 jar Chubby Cherry Topping and Filling or equal
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Pour the whipping cream into a medium bowl. Add the sweetened condensed milk and flavors. Whip until soft peaks form. Add the food coloring to get the desired shade.
- Fold in the cherries, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into an ungreased 9×9-inch pan. Freeze for four hours or until firm.
(Updated from May 22, 2014)