These are simply Rice Krispies Treats with added white chocolate chips and dry cranberries. The white chocolate melts into the marshmallow mixture and makes for a much richer and very attractive bar. This is very suitable for guests. It is nearly as simple as the original recipe.
Look for white chocolate chips made with cocoa butter instead of vegetable or coconut oil for a better taste.
Cranberry White Chocolate Rice Krispies Treat Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 tablespoon good quality vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal or equal
- 3/4 cup dry cranberries
Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large pan on the stovetop, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows. Stir until the mixture is melted, hot, and smooth. Add the vanilla.
- Add the white chocolate chips, rice cereal, and cranberries. Stir until the cereal is uniformly combined with the marshmallow mixture.
- Remove the mixture to the buttered pan. Evenly distribute the mixture and press it down into the pan with buttered fingers, a piece of waxed paper, or a spatula. Let cool and cut into squares.
Baker’s notes: If you use a large enough pan, you can mix the treats right in the pan, not in a bowl. The hot pan makes it a little easier to stir the mixture together and there is less clean-up.
Rice Krispies Treats are best eaten the same day.
(Updated from May 12, 2014)