Here’s a quick and easy way to make fancy pancakes—with a mix. You can use our pancakes mixes or some from the store. Fancy them up with nuts and spices. Then make this easy fruit compote from frozen berries. Presto—great, fancy pancakes in no time!
Cinnamon Walnut Pancakes with Blackberry Compote
For the oil called for in the mix, use melted butter. Use water and egg as called for in the mix directions
1. In a small bowl, mix the nuts, spices, and extract together until the nuts are covered with spices.
2. Prepare the pancake mix as directed on the package.
3. Stir in the nut mixture, stirring no more than needed.
4. Cook per the directions on the package.
3 cups individually frozen blackberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar or to taste
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon rum extract
Visit The Pancake Center
1. Place the berries, sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Let sit for an hour or until partially thawed.
2. Place the mixture in a blender and pulverize until nearly smooth. Add the extract.
Serve hot or cold.
Perfect Pancakes deserve great syrups. Discover the Best
The Prepared Pantry offers a great selection of gourmet pancake mixes:
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Baked Apple Pancake Mix
- Honey Gold Pancake Mix
- Gingerbread Pancake Mix
- Country Wheat Pancake Mix
- Mayan Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Cinnamon Chip Pancake Mix
- Maple Chip Pancake Mix.
- Raspberry Sour Cream Pancake Mix
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancake Mix
- Texas Corn Cakes