This chunky monkey banana no-churn ice cream is another great ice cream. It’s very banana-flavored and then speckled with nuts and chocolate bits. The bananas act like fat in the recipe and make the ice cream smooth and luscious.
This is a great ice cream to make in your ice cream freezer. If you use your ice cream freezer, you can substitute milk for a portion of the cream.
The Chunky Banana Monkey No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large ripe bananas or 4 small ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, chopped into pieces
1. Mix the milk and granulated sugar together. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
2. Mix the mashed bananas and lemon juice together. Set aside.
3. Beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
4. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, banana mixture, and sugar and milk mixture. Fold in the walnuts and chopped chocolate chips.
5. Pour it into a one-quart pan or baking dish and freeze.
Baker’s Note: Rapidly freezing your ice cream improves the texture. Since your freezer is colder than the freezing compartment of your refrigerator, you’ll make better ice cream in the freezer.
(Updated from May 22, 2014)