These are great donuts. Since you bake them instead of fry them, they have less fat and fewer calories.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a baked donut pan.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar, vanilla, milk, and melted butter.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture a third at a time, stirring after each addition. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the donut cavities 2/3 full of batter. This recipe will make 12 large donuts.
- Bake for eight minutes. Cool for several minutes in the pan and then remove the donuts with a silicone spatula to completely cool on a rack.
- For the glaze, mix the water a little at a time into the powdered sugar until it is the desired consistency, adding the vanilla.
- Glaze the donuts and let the glaze dry while the donuts are sitting on a rack.