Time: 35 min | Yields: 9
What could be better than chili on a cold winter day? Try this scrumptious chicken and black bean chili. Because it’s made with canned beans, it cooks up super quick and easy with left-over chicken or turkey.
1 large onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup white or brown rice
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cubes chicken bouillon
1 tablespoon chili powder (you can add more later if you wish)
2 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
3 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey meat (about two large chicken breasts)
2 14.5 ounce can of black beans, drained
1. Sauté the onion until tender. Add water and rice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so that the mixture will simmer.
2. Add the pepper, chicken bouillon, chili powder, and tomatoes and continue simmering. Cook until the rice is tender adding more water if necessary.
3. Add the cooked chicken and black beans. Simmer for five minutes. Serve hot.
Recommended Cream Soup Recipes
- Cream of Broccoli Soup: You can turn this into the famous cheesy broccoli soup, or you can keep it as-is for a delightfully creamy soup.
- Cream of Potato Soup: There’s nothing quite as warming as a creamy potato soup.
- Cream of Corn Soup: This is a cream soup that doesn’t require you to cream the vegetables.
- Cream of Celery Soup: This soup is similar to our cream of broccoli soup but uses diced celery instead.
- Baked Potato Soup: This creamy soup is a great way to use baked potatoes, and the bacon and cheddar make it spectacular.
- Roasted Cauliflower, Onion, and Garlic Soup: This soup is easy to prepare and delicious once the vegetables are roasted.
- Fall Harvest Soup: This is an unusual cream soup made with apples and honey for a bit of sweetness that is well-balanced with a touch of curry.
Recommended Chili and Soup Recipes
- Merri Ann’s Easy Chili
- Black Bean and Rice Chili Recipe
- Wild Rice, Mushroom, and Ham (or Chicken) Soup
- Southwest Corn Soup
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.
Free Chowder E-book: “How to Make Chowder: A Chef’s Guide to Making Chowder”. Just tell us where to send it.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!