This quiche is colorful and very good. Broccoli, corn, and bell pepper complement each other well. This can be made ahead and served the next day.
- 1 single pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets, cooked and well drained
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned whole corn kernels, well drained
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the crust according to package or recipe directions. Form the crust in a 9-inch deep dish pie pan.
- In the butter, sauté the onion, red bell pepper, and florets until the onion and red pepper are crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Add the sautéed vegetables, corn kernels, half and half, grated cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the filling into crust and bake for 45 minutes or until the quiche tests done. The quiche is baked when a thermometer inserted in the center of the pie reads 170 degrees.
“The Egg and I”
Learn the best ways to make perfect omelets and frittatas, PLUS great recipes!
Complete Culinary School without Tuition!
Learn the art and science of baking with our free “How to Bake” ebook. With 453 pages, you will learn the techniques the pros use.