This thirty minute chili hits the spot on a cold winter day. It’s made with canned beans so it’s a snap to put together. We think you will love this hearty soup.
As listed, this is a fairly mild chili. If you like it hot, add more spices.
3/4 cup uncooked white rice
1 large onion, diced
2 pounds lean ground beef
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained
2 25-ounce cans diced tomatoes
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
cilantrograted cheddar cheese for garnish
1. Cook the rice according to package directions.
2. Sauté the onion until it is tender-crisp. Add the onion to a large soup pot.
3. Sauté the ground beef with the salt and pepper. Drain the grease from the cooked ground beef in a colander. Add the ground beef to the pot. Add the garlic powder and oregano to the pot. Add the tomato sauce, black beans, tomatoes, and brown sugar to the pot. Add the water and as much cilantro as you would like. Stir to mix and heat the soup to simmering. Serve hot with grated cheese.
Recommended Cream Soup Recipes
- Cream of Broccoli Soup: You can turn this into the famous cheesy broccoli soup, or you can keep it as-is for a delightfully creamy soup.
- Cream of Potato Soup: There’s nothing quite as warming as a creamy potato soup.
- Cream of Corn Soup: This is a cream soup that doesn’t require you to cream the vegetables.
- Cream of Celery Soup: This soup is similar to our cream of broccoli soup but uses diced celery instead.
- Baked Potato Soup: This creamy soup is a great way to use baked potatoes, and the bacon and cheddar make it spectacular.
- Roasted Cauliflower, Onion, and Garlic Soup: This soup is easy to prepare and delicious once the vegetables are roasted.
- Fall Harvest Soup: This is an unusual cream soup made with apples and honey for a bit of sweetness that is well-balanced with a touch of curry.
Recommended Chili and Soup Recipes
- Merri Ann’s Easy Chili
- Chicken and Black Bean Chili
- Wild Rice, Mushroom, and Ham (or Chicken) Soup
- Southwest Corn Soup
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.
Free Chowder E-book: “How to Make Chowder: A Chef’s Guide to Making Chowder”. Just tell us where to send it.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!