Load these mini muffins with the berries of your choice. We used huckleberries but blueberries or raspberries will work well as will apple or peach dices. This recipe makes up to two dozen mini muffins.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh or thawed frozen huckleberries or other fruit
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1/3 cup melted butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the mini-muffin pan with paper liners or spray with vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the berries or fruit to the flour mixture.
- Whisk the milk and the egg together. Add the milk and egg mixture and the melted butter to the flour mixture.
- Mix the batter until just combined. The batter should still be lumpy. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until done.