Now you can even turn your French toast into apple pie! Is there any better combination than that? And it’s so easy to make. All you need is some bread, apple pastry filling, an egg wash, and whipped cream topping.
Try Other Pie-Inspired French Toast
Not a fan of apple pie? Why don’t you try another pie flavor then. Whether you want a Bavarian cream pie French toast or lemon meringue, we’ve got you covered with our endless options of premade pastry fillings. Just choose your favorite pastry filling, follow the directions below, and run with it.
Let us know which flavors are your favorites.
FREE Baking Guide!
“How to Bake Like the Pros with Pastry Fillings”
Learn when to use pastry fillings and when to use pie fillings.
How to Make Apple Pie French Toast
- Sliced bread
- Apple pastry filling
- Egg wash
- Caramel whipped cream
- Take two slices of bread and make a sandwich with apple filling in the center.
- Dip the sandwich in egg wash just as you would with regular French toast.
- Top with caramel whipping cream.
How to Make the Caramel Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon caramel flavor
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Add the caramel and the brown sugar to the whipping cream and whip until stiff peaks form.
(Updated from February 21, 2020)