Here’s how to make thin crust pizzas in 15 minutes. The secret’s in the thin crust. Thin crusts don’t have to rise so you don’t have to wait.
It’s easiest with a pizza roller; you can roll the crust right in the pan. See a pizza roller here.
If you use one of our crust mixes, you will get two 14-inch thin crust pizzas from each package. Mix all the dough at once and refrigerate any extra for up to five days or freeze it.
- Mix the dough with the dough hook for three or four minutes. While it’s mixing stage your goodies.
- Use a pizza roller to roll a thin crust right in the pan.
- Load it with sauce and your goodies. Don’t overload it; a heavy load doesn’t work well on a thin crust.
- Bake it for ten to twelve minutes or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is bubbling. Bake it on a dark pan or stone–never on a silver pan.
What to load them with
It’s amazing what you can put on a pizza. You can serve many of your favorite garden vegetables on a pizza, everything from tomatoes to potatoes and broccoli to beans. Some may seem a little strange but if you like the veggies, chances are — you’ll like them on a pizza.
Most pizzas are made with a red sauce, a marinara sauce, but it doesn’t have to be a red sauce. White pizzas are made with a white sauce, Alfredo, ranch dressing, or the onion dip you purchase at the grocery store or simply a nice coating of olive oil. You need enough that your pizza is not dry but no more, especially if you want a crispy crust.
Tomato and Basil Thin Crust Pizza Recipe
While most of the time, we load all of our toppings on the crust and bake, with fresh tomatoes, we make an exception placing the tomatoes on the pizza for only the last few minutes. We prefer fresh tomatoes. Instead of a tomato base of marina sauce, we use a French onion dip and like it very much. This is a great pizza.
1 thin pizza crust, about 14 inches
5 tablespoons French onion dip
1 teaspoon Zesty Italian spice blend or other
5 medium-sized red and yellow tomatoes
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves snipped into pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
2 teaspoons virgin olive oil
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake the crust for about ten minutes, until it starts to brown. Remove it from the oven.
- Spread the onion dip on the baked crust. Sprinkle the spice blend evenly over the onion dip.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarter-inch thick slices. Lay them on paper towels as you cut them to soak up part of the juice.
- Layer the tomatoes on the crust. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the freshly cut basil over the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Spread the parmesan cheese over the tomato slices.
- Return the pizza to the oven. Bake only until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about five minutes. Serve hot.
Summer Squash Thin Crust Pizza Recipe
This is another great thin crust pizza that you can make in a hurry. The squash cooks more quickly than the peppers and onions so we partially cook the onions and peppers in the microwave until they are crisp-tender. Then we load all the veggies on the crust at ounce.
This is a surprising pizza and an excellent way to use the zucchini that grows so abundantly in your garden. Because it’s a mild-tasting pizza, even your kids will eat it.
1 thin pizza crust
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 medium crookneck squash, sliced
1/2 medium red pepper, chopped
1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
1/2 cup marinara or red pizza sauce
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Zesty Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Form a very thin pizza crust, one that will cook quickly in the oven.
- Spread the crust with the marinara sauce on the unbaked crust. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Toss the vegetables in olive oil.
- Layer the vegetables over the marina distributing them evenly. Sprinkle salt over the vegetables. Spread the cheese over the vegetables.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for eight to twelve minutes or just until the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted and bubbly.